most awaited product of 2011 - is due the fact that you can dock this phone on dummy laptop(keyboard,screen) and surf the computer using phones dual core cpu - using full firefox browser(which Motorola complied for Linux - and this browser is designed for keyboard ie not touch - and hence this browser can be used only while docked in laptop).
You can also access native android application using some special app - while the phone is docked - in a small window.
- laptop docking facility. (8 Hour charging )
- Dual core 1Ghz cpu
- GSM Based phone(easy to sell and use globally)
- Better battery specs(compared to most 2010 android phones- though its likely to be less then iphone)
- android 2.3(latest)
- front and back camera
- ATT service(could be better in some areas) - and its 4G bandwidth restrictions for 45$ plan-which included tethering. (Also ATT has poor record in android updates in 2010)
- Atrix 4G does not support LTE- hence it is going to be outdated (though ATT will take lots of time to go to LTE)
- Many people may prefer tethering facility(20$ extra on most carriers) instead to get the phone connected to their real windows/mac laptop(which will allow VPN etc to office network). This docking facility with dummy laptop - may not allow many office vpn. Also while you are surfing in firefox - you may be subjected to 4G bandwidth limitation.
as time progresses. Also many people would be satisfied with tethering to a real computer.
The data plan for ATT is 45$(4GB + smartphone tethering). There is also 25$(2GB - no tethering) and 15$ plans.
I would recommend that you should NOT buy laptop dock - till it eventually falls to around 100$. (as
in most cases you would prefer to surf web using hotspot etc on real computer)
a) Atrix Screen protector (MUST)
b) Silicone case (MUST)
c) Laptop dock (no need to buy this)
d) Multimedia dock - optional
Check http://green.ebay.com/instantsale to see how much your old phone will cost.
It will also give you an idea on how much amount you need to pay to resell this phone - if you kept
it in good condition.
Atrix User guide:
You may go back to :
http://bestandroidphone.blogspot.com/ for general android tips, usage.